Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Exodus: Toot, toot!




Ok, I know the Exodus is a serious subject and a significant piece of history but this cake was for my book club and my book club is fun. So there!

This was actually meant to be a fun cake. By that I mean I didn't care if it turned out perfect, I just wanted to play around and see what I could come up with.

The best part is there was not baking involved; I had scrap pieces of cake and leftover fondant. All I had to do was make some frosting and, well, put the thing together.

I stacked the leftovers and cut, cut away until I had something resembling a boat.



The ever-lovely frosting shot...



I used every last bit of frosting and my patience on this, it was such a crumbly mess of a thing.

Some fondant and a British soldier holding an immigrant gummy bear hostage...



More detail...



...and all aboard! Look at those happy gummies so excited for Israel!



...until the British came to port.



Oh well. It's a great book though, I highly recommend it!

And now for the grand finale!



No, the Exodus didn't sink but we had to eat the cake, didn't we?!!

Exodus cake: Vanilla buttermilk cake with lemon curd filling and Swiss buttercream frosting, covered in marshmallow fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment