Monday, June 21, 2010

A week of baking

It took me a really long time to get these photos up but I have good reason. Three baking projects in a week is REALLY tiring. In fact, I took a break from baking for about a month after this. Then when it was time to get back into, I couldn't find the motivation! What's up with that?!! Two lessons learned here: three is not the magic number and baking is a lot like exercising; after a long break, it's hard to get back into.



Here we have a Chanel purse cake for Carmen, our beloved Office Assistant. She has a flare for the finer things in life so what better than to give her a purse cake for her retirement party. Oh Carmen, how we will miss your smiling face!

Next up was a graduation cake for some some Nutritional Science students. Oh the irony of gifting them with a sugary treat!



Plus a few cupcakes for good measure...



I think I need more cupcake practice, which is why I was a little nervous about the next order; 50 cupcakes for a baby shower. I got some inspiration from the baby's room but I still feel I could have gone further with it.



Next time, more frosting. I think people who love cupcakes love them for the typically ungodly amount of frosting on top. I have to note the first batch of chocolate spilled over the edges, which is common practice for me. Argh!

So I survived the week and looked forward to the break ahead of me...

Carmen Cake: Chocolate cake with Swiss buttercream, covered in marshmallow fondant.

UA Graduation Cake: Chocolate cake with Swiss buttercream, covered in marshmallow fondant.

Baby shower cupcakes: White and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and fondant and white modeling chocolate decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment